Weekly Reflection Week 09: Disciple Leadership
This week’s focus on Disciple Leadership has been one of the most impactful lessons I’ve encountered in this course. The readings and videos encouraged me to think more deeply about what it means to follow Christ while also leading others. I came to understand that true disciple leadership isn’t about holding authority, gaining recognition, or exercising control it’s about serving with humility, love, and Christlike influence.
One teaching that especially touched me was Elder Kim B. Clark’s message about “the pattern of the Lord’s leadership.” He taught that genuine leadership is rooted in faith in Jesus Christ and a heartfelt desire to serve. That message changed how I view leadership. I realized that we don’t need a formal title to lead. Leadership can be shown in quiet, consistent ways by encouraging others, showing kindness, and helping people feel valued and seen.
I was also inspired by the Savior’s perfect example of leadership. Christ led with love, compassion, and personal connection. He didn’t command obedience; instead, He invited others to follow through His example of service and sacrifice. Reflecting on this, I see how I can apply the same approach in my own life by focusing less on directing and more on genuinely ministering to those around me, whether at home, at work, or in my church responsibilities.
As I move forward, I’m eager to continue developing these Christ-centered leadership qualities. I want to see others through the Savior’s eyes and strive to lead in ways that uplift and strengthen them. This week reaffirmed to me that discipleship and leadership are not separate callings they are united in purpose when we follow the Savior’s pattern of love and service.
Commentaires
Enregistrer un commentaire